No matter the season, arguably one of Cape Breton Island’s most remarkable features is its elite status as an ideal family vacation spot. And while winter is still a few months away, we’re never surprised at how quickly it seems to arrive each year. As such, we’ve already begun taking reservations from those wishing to frolic in the snow with their loved ones and hope you will join us! Winter getaways in Nova Scotia offer a timeless experience for those who love the great outdoors. And very few places can offer the type of scenic beauty found on Cape Breton Island. We don’t simply embrace winter at Cabot Shores—we adore it. After all, there is something to be said about the sound of new snow crunching beneath your boots or being the first person on the cross-country ski trail. Making the most of winter is a shared priority around our neck of the woods, so we’ll show you how we do it at Cabot Shores!
Winter Getaways in Nova Scotia: Fun For the Whole Family
Between the gorgeous vistas, numerous trails, and fresh coastal air, finding bliss on Cape Breton Island isn’t too tricky. Still, you may be wondering what to do during your Nova Scotia winter getaway at Cabot Shores. Although our area doesn’t become a barren wasteland when the snow falls, you’ll undoubtedly notice a significant activity decrease. To help you sift through some of the ways you can spend your time, we put together a quick list of quintessential Cape Breton winter activities that are sure to create unforgettable memories.
- Renew and revitalize your mind, body, and spirit by partaking in a full range of wellness activities ranging from a simple yet refreshing soak in the hot tub to Qi Gong, yoga, and barrel sauna sessions. Winter is always a great time for a wellness retreat!
- Nordic skiing on Cape Breton Island is one of the most immersive ways to explore. Our 55-acre wilderness estate is only a short drive from some of Nova Scotia’s best cross-country trails.
- Downhill skiing can be found at Ski Cape Smokey, just 40km from Cabot Shores.
- If wearing skis isn’t your cup of tea, you should try snowshoeing! With plenty of trails on the property, you’ll be well on your way to winter exploration.
- Winter is the perfect time for a digital detox. Spend time in the lodge next to the fireplace with a good book or mosey down to the recreation room to play a few rounds of pool, ping-pong, or your favourite childhood board games.
Nova Scotia Winter Cabins and Camping on Cape Breton Island
It doesn’t take long to realize that Cabot Shores isn’t like other Nova Scotia resorts. Striking a complete balance between rustic and luxuriate accommodations is our way of offering a reprieve from the ordinary and giving those looking for something different a place to discover their wilderness. Winter getaways in Nova Scotia can be the difference between mundane and extraordinary, but don’t take our word for it! For more information on how we can help provide a family winter retreat for the ages, please visit us online or call 866-929-2584.