Open year round. Choose between a beautiful chalet, a magical yurt, a treetop or tranquility dome, cozy lodge room, or a campsite. Cabot Shores is the perfect base camp to explore Cape Breton and the Cabot Trial. But first, explore our great packages.
Geodesic Domes in the Sky
Ready for 2018 — the Apple Dome and Eagle Dome
Geodesic domes among the treetops in Cape Breton can ONLY be found at Cabot Shores; now you can sleep in one above the trees in our apple orchard. The Luna Dome began as single yellow geodesic dome that accommodates two people, located in a private nook of our apple orchard. Known best for it’s amazing view of the full moon, the Luna Dome has gone through many stages and transformations and is now part of a double treehouse setup.
In the 2017 season, guests loved the addition of the Apple Dome and Eagle Domes. The Apple Dome is an excellent extension of the Luna Dome, with a double bed and view of the ocean. The Eagle Dome is across the apple orchard where you have a spectacular view of the ocean and the stars. Showers and washrooms are located a short distance away from the tree house connection with shower, toilet and sink available.
Blue Heron Dome
What do you need to know before booking?
- You are a short walk to convenient shower & washroom.
- There is no electricity in the dome. Solar lights and lamps are provided.
- Devices can be plugged in at Whiff’s Lodge a short distance away – available to guests 24/7.
- Bedding and towels are provided.
Want to make the experience even more memorable? Ask us about an outdoor soaking hot tubs.
Other amenities available:
- Kayaks, canoes and Yolo boards (for surcharge)
- Private beach with Atlantic on one side, Church Pond (a small lake) on the other
- Hiking trails with guided hikes (ask us about our waterfall or sea cave hikes)
- Free WiFi in the main lodge
Book your getaway today. Just click here to book online. Or call us at 1-866-929-2584.